Photographs of meteorological sites and instruments down the years
Periods covered by meteorological readings
The positions of the various instruments in use over the past two centuries at Armagh Observatory, from which data have been employed on this web site, on a map showing the present layout of grounds and buildings. The automatic weather station erected by the Board of Trade in 1868, which was demolished in the early 1960s, lay close to the north end of the current library building. The position of the 60m contour is approximate (based upon Ordnance Survey ace map, 1:1250 (1998), with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office (permit number 1204), © Crown Copyright).
Site Contents | Main | Archives | Automatic Weather Station | FAQ | Links | Contact Us